Home / Need legal help? / Other Legal Services

Other legal services

Find out about other legal services in WA who may be able to assist you with legal problems.

Legal Aid WA is a WA government legal service which provides legal advice and assistance services on many different criminal, family and civil law issues. How they can help you depends on your type of legal problem, your personal situation, and their resources. 

Services provided by Legal Aid WA include a telephone advice and information service, Duty Lawyer services at court, legal representation and assistance if you are in prison.

ALSWA provides legal support and representation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in WA in Civil and Human Rights Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Child protection.

They also provide additional services including:

  • the Bail Support Service and Prison In-Reach Program,
  • Community Legal Education,
  • Custody Notification Service,
  • Work development Permit Service,
  • Your Story Disability Legal Support, and
  • Youth Engagement Program.

Contact details

If a community legal centre or Legal Aid WA are unable to assist with your legal problem, you may be eligible for assistance from Law Access. 

Law Access is a not-for-profit organisation that coordinates the giving of pro bono (free) legal assistance by the Western Australian legal profession.

You will need to make an application to Law Access to be considered for pro-bono assistance – they do not provide legal assistance by phone. Read more or start an application here: Find Legal Help – Law Access Western Australia.

Contact details